Sunday, June 25, 2006

GRACE


I sought the Lord, and afterward I knew He moved my soul to seek Him, seeking me it was not I that found, O Saviour true; No, I was found of Thee


As I look at the Grace of God and all the good in me, it is of the Lord. Without God I am nothing but a depraved human being, nothing I have done should bring glory to me, it is all of God and only in Him is their glory. I did not seek His face, He sought me. He took this dead heart of mine, and made it new, by the Grace of God I was saved. When you think about how Christ must have seen us before we were saved, this darkened evil heart, and yet He still loved us. He loves us with a special love, I can not explain it, all I can do is get on my knees and thank Him. I guess that is what we call "Amazing Grace"

Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed!

Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;'
Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The LORD has promised good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

When we've been here ten thousand years
...bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
...then when we've first begun.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

GRACE, GOD'S AMAZING GRACE! denotes, not simply love, but the love of a sovereign, transcendly superior, one that may do what he will, that may wholly choose whether he will love or no. There may be love between equals, and an inferior may love a superior; but love in a superior, and so superior as he may do what he will, in such a one love is called grace: and therefore grace is attributed to princes; they are said to be gracious to their subjects, whereas subjects cannot be gracious to princes. Now God, who is an infinite Sovereign, who might have chosen whether ever He would love us or no, for Him to love us, this is grace.
—Thomas Goodwin

2 Cor 12:7 "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But He said to me, ``My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Thankyou Lord for your undying Grace.
Cristina

No comments: