Tuesday, June 27, 2006

SUFFERING

"Because of my sufferings, I will appreciate (in heaven) the scars of Christ and also the scars of other believers. (In heaven) I will see men and women that in the world were cut in pieces, burnt in flames, tortured and persecuted, eaten by beasts, and drowned in the seas - - all for the love they had for the Lord. What a privelege it will be to stand in their ranks! But what a shame it would be if, in conversing with them, we could only shrug our shoulders and prattle Me? Suffer?...... Perhaps we would bite our complaining tongues more often if we stopped to picture this scene in heaven. The examples of other suffering saints are meant to inspire us upward on our heavenly journey home." Joni Eareckson Tada

Where do I start? I guess many people who suffer though pain,disease, marriage break up, death of a loved one, etc must feel helpless at times. It is hard to deal with these sorts of things in our lives and we all go through some sort of suffering throughout our lives. I wonder how without Christ someone deals with, they don't have the hope a believer has? They don't have a Father that will listen to their prayers and answer it. Without Christ, how can anyone have an answer for their suffering. A christian has an answer, it is that Jesus Christ has a purpose for it. The purpose Jesus Christ has, is to bring "Glory to Him". And as we look at ...Rev. 21:4
Revelation 21:4 And he shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning; or crying or pain; the first things have passed away

When it is our time to leave this foreign world, we will be in Heaven, a place of Joy...

Luke 15:7 I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance.

We will have Rest...

Revelations 14:13 I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," said the Spirit, "let them find rest from their labors, for their works accompany them."

We will have Peace....

Luke 16:25 Abraham replied, 'My child, remember that you received what was good during your lifetime while Lazarus likewise received what was bad; but now he is comforted here, whereas you are tormented.

We will continue to have Righteousness .....

2Peter 3:13 But according to his promise we await new heavens and a new earth 11 in which righteousness dwells.


And Finally we have Glory....

Romans 8:17 and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if only we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him.

There will be no more suffering and sorrow, God will wipe away every tear from our eyes (Rev 7:17)

So for the Christians that suffer today, remember what we have ahead of us when we leave here, We will be in the presence of our dear Lord and Savior Jesus Christ....In the Glory Land.
Remember The joy of the Lord is your strength." (Neh 8:10). Here is a quote I try to remember when suffering crosses my path.....

"In times of trouble say, First: He brought me here ; it is by His will I am in this strait place: In that I will rest. Next: He will keep me here in His love, and give me grace in this trial to behave as His child. Then: He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow. Last: In His good time He can bring me out again - how and when He knows. Say: I am here (1) by God's appointment (2) in His keeping (3) under His training (4) for His time." Andrew Murray

Cristina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I suffered and died on the cross
and each time you pick up your cross you are uniting yourself to Me"


"For if they do this when the wood is green, what will happen when it is dry?" ~ Luke 23:31 ~

"Each time you sin is like the nails being driven right back through Me.

they divide my garments among them, and for my raiment they cast lots. ~ Psalm 22:19 ~


"My love was shown to you when they placed each nail in My hands and feet for each wound represents the depth of mans sins."

Listen: Nailed to the Cross by The Passion - Doug Barry of Radix


Passion of Christ Meditations