Monday, April 20, 2009

DO WE TAKE THE TIME?

There is a lady named Susan Doyle that performed for the first time on a TV program called "Britian has Talent". I listened to her once and then again and again and each time I listened the more joy I felt for her. When she was first introduced the auidance snicker, rolled their eyes, even the judges looked embaresss for her....and then she opened her mouth to sing and everyone was astounded by what came out. They stood up and cheered, the judges were flabergasted, the world was too. It' is sad that we look at a person and don't think much of them until we really see what they are all about or what kind of talent lives within them.

Do you ever really get to know someone, or do you just make up you mind about that person and live with it. Maybe you would be shocked if you just took the time to get to know them. maybe they feel how you feel about them and they put walls up to protect themselves from hurt....maybe it is time to break the walls down, and really get to know the real person, maybe they are crying out...

Cristina
John 13:34-35 (NCV) I give you a new command: Love each other. You must love each other as I have loved you. All people will know that you are my followers if you love each other.

Col 3:12 (NRSV) As God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.
if you would like to listen to Susan Boyle sing, here is the address to go to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

2 comments:

Beverly said...

So true! I too watched the You Tube video,and I think you've brought up wonderful food for thought.

I was irritated by the crowd's initial reaction to her, but how often do I do the same thing?

Hope you are well!

mark pierson said...

Susan done brought the house down! Simon was clearly awed. What a talent. But your point, Cristina, was well made. We should not judge a book by its cover. Good post.