Saturday, May 24, 2008

THE GLORY OF GOD

"There is nothing -- No circumstance, No trouble, No testing that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ. Right through to me if it has come that far. It has come with great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment - but as I refuse to panic, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as come from His throne for some great blessing of purpose of blessing to my heart. No sorrow will disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the Joy of what my Lord is - that is the rest of Victory." Unknown -
I Cor 15:57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

How many springs of joy to the saints, and of thanksgiving to God, are opened by the death and resurrection, the sufferings and conquests of the Redeemer! When I think of the many folks that have been persecuted, I think how they look at their suffering and give God the Glory, in most every circumstance...they give God the Glory. . I fail horribly at times. I sometimes go through a trial and question God, why me Lord when I should be saying, for what purpose do you have me here for? What can I do that will Glorify you, my Lord. What can I do, so folks see you glorified through my reaction. There is absolutely no room whatsoever for fear or anxiety in the life of a believer…It's sin...period.
BUT We as believers still live in the flesh, we still struggle in every day things. God wants us to trust Him in all things and as we grow in the Lord we do just that. God never says we will not suffer, but He sure does promise that He will walk through the suffering with us, we are never alone and as we deal with suffering he will give us the grace to sustain us. The Bible says "Psalm 23: I will walk through the valley of the shadow of death" and Isaiah he tells us "I will pass with you through the high waters and will walk with you through the fires"
Our God is sovereign, there are no accidents that happen in our lives, He knows all, planned all and is the mighty hand that allows suffering to happen...for His purpose and we know it is GOOD.

So next time a trial comes into your life, remember God put it there for a reason and it will glorify Him in the end, if you except it and trust Him.

Psalms 23 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:

" Andrew Murray quoted "In times of trouble say,
First: He brought me here ; it is by His will I am in this strait place: In that I will rest.
Next: He will keep me here in His love, and give me grace in this trial to behave as His child.
Then: He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow.
Last: In His good time He can bring me out again - how and when He knows.
Say: I am here
(1) by God's appointment
(2) in His keeping
(3) under His training
(4) for His time.


Cristina

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful post to which I could come! Especially after viewing that video of Obama promising to disarm America if he becomes president. Everything happens according to His will and we are to trust in that. It is our flesh that doesn't like to trust in Him because it knows that He has promised us persecution. But just as Christ said...if we love ourselves more than Him, we are not worthy to be His.

Ministry Addict said...

What passes for “glory” in the world of men is generally a poor imitation or substitute for God’s glory. Any glory which man can achieve on his own is short-lived and subject to reconsideration with the passage of time.

Contrast this to the glory of God, which is eternal. In fact, the greatest glory that sinful man can probably hope to interact with is the glory of God manifested in the grace-gifts He bestows upon His elect. Obviously, chief among these gifts is salvation.

One of the most amazing things about God’s grace is that He planned it - in love for His elect, and for His glory, before He created us – even though He foreknew the worthlessness of men’s works and our futile attempts to achieve righteousness on our own.

“Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.” II Timothy 2:10

Anonymous said...

This was awesome! What a blessing to be His child!!!