Monday, April 14, 2008

HE KNOWS MY NAME




He knows my name, before time began. He calls me His own, I am a child of God and His love, He has promised forever. He knows my every thought and sees my every tear.
He knows me, for who I am and loves me still. When life throws you a loop, it is so comforting to know God knows all about it and is in control of it. When the tears fall down, you feel His presence.

THE CHRISTIAN JOURNEY

Life is a journey, often a short one, and always uncertain.
But there is another journey.

The believer is traveling through a waste howling wilderness, to another and a glorious region, where ineffable delight and happiness await us.

The road is narrow, the entrance strait, so strait that thousands miss it and perish in the wilderness. But true believers, under the teaching and convoy of the Holy Spirit, find it and walk in it.

The King, in His infinite love and compassion, has made a hedge about them, separating and defending them from the many beasts of prey that lurk around them; and although they hear their howlings and behold their threatenings, they are safe from their power.

But their strongest foe is within themselves; a heart deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. From this there is no escape but by constant watchfulness,and earnest cries to their best Friend and Guide for protection.

Were it not for this faithful Guide, how often, discouraged by reason of the way, would they turn back!
But He....
watches over them by night and by day,
strengthens them when weak,
upholds them when falling,
encourages them when cast down,
defends them when attacked,
provides for them when in need,
leads them by living streams, and
causes them there to lie down in pleasant
pastures, and on sunny banks.

And as they advance they obtain brighter views of the good land they are nearing, and they long to see the King in His beauty, and the land that is yet very far off, and to meet those that have already arrived on that happy shore.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Cristina! You always find words of encouragement for your brothers and sisters! Thank you! May I post this on one of my blogs? If so, did you write this?

Anonymous said...

I love the song too! I listened to it twice. Isn't it good to know that He knows our name? At the Great Judgement Seat, He won't say, "I never knew you!". He knows our name! People who are not saved can say they know His name but how dreadful it will be for them on that day when they come to know that He never knew their name! I continue to pray for my sister and her family's salvation and for all those who I know need salvation...that it be His good pleasure and perfect will that they be saved and forever glorify Him!

Baptist Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baptist Girl said...

Your Welcome Sarah,
The first part I kind of made comments about what the song is saying.

The Journey is from "Grace Gems". That site had blessed my beyond words.
Sure you can post this on your blog.

When I think about how He knows me better then anyone, it just humbles me so much.

Cristina

Sis. Julie said...

Amen!! In the realm of things concerning the number of people on this earth...not too many people know my name. But I'm so thankful that the only One that matters does!! Amen!!

Baptist Girl said...

Julie,
Amen, the one that matters most.

Cristina

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!!! I have goosebumps just reading the words :-)

Kate

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maxine said...

This made me think of Pilgrim's Progress for some reason. And you are so right, our worst enemy is often ourselves. Very nice song and words. I enjoyed the video.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me very much of "Pilgrim's Progress". It brings to mind Hebrews 11:9-10 speaking about Abraham. "By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:(10)For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God." Thank you for posting this. It was a great encouragement!