Thursday, March 27, 2008

IF GOD HAD LEFT ME ALONE...

Sometimes, when I see some of the worst characters
in the street, I feel as if my heart must burst forth in
tears of gratitude that God has never let me act as they
have done! I have thought, "If God had left me alone,
and had not touched me by His grace, what a great sinner
I would have been! I would have run to the utmost lengths
of sin, dived into the very depths of evil. Nor would I have
stopped at any vice or folly, if God had not restrained me!"

I feel that I would have been a very king of sinners, if God
had left me alone. I cannot understand the reason why I
am saved, except upon the ground that God would have it
so. I cannot, if I look ever so earnestly, discover any kind of
reason in myself why I should be a partaker of Divine grace.

Spurgeon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even as believers we are chiefest of sinners since it was our sin that crucified our Saviour. :-( Praise the Lord that He spared us from ourselves :-)

Baptist Girl said...

Amen! :)

Cristina

Sis. Julie said...

I'm so thankful God didn't leave me alone. He not only dealt with my heart about salvation one time but MANY times. Thank God for His longsuffering toward us.

Baptist Girl said...

Amen Julie! Thank The Lord He never left me, as He promised.

Cristina

Unknown said...

Great testimony here which any of us could have written. Why would he love someone such as me? I'm thankful for HIS grace and mercy!

Hope you've been well. I haven't heard from you in awhile, but have often wondered about you.

Baptist Girl said...

Hi Pam,
It's good to see you *S*. I am also so thankful for His unchanging Grace and Mercy, what a ownderful Savior we serve!.

We have had a bit of sickness here in the family, I have not spent so much time in the Emergency this past year between Jim, my parents, our daughter Danielle.
Hopefully things will get better.
thnaks for asking Pam, I hope you are feeling better.
Cristina

Anonymous said...

Great Blog.
I've found a militant atheist if you want to try and help him; he's at:

www.whyihatejesus.blogspot.com/

GBWY, James