Wednesday, June 06, 2007

LOVE THAT WILL NOT LET GO

Love That Will Not Let Me Go

1. O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

2. O light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

3. O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

4. O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.

George Matheson(1842-1906)

http://www.igracemusic.com/hymnbook/authors/george_matheson.html

This my husbands favorite Hymn. It is so beautiful.

Cristina

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's love is great beyond what we can even imagine! There is going to be so much we get to learn about of our God and His love will be one of them! Can you imagine resting in perfect love?

Beverly said...

I love this gem of a hymn. Its funny, my mom posted on this just last weekend. I guess great minds think alike! This has always been a family favorite of ours.

TO BECOME said...

I love this song also. Just great truths. connie from Texas

Baptist Girl said...

Sarah,
I can not wait. As I look around, the world is getting worse and worse and I can not wait to go home.

Beverly,
Your mom has such a beautiful blog, she is God fearing woman that lvoes the Lord and her family.

Connie,
There sure is truth in those words, such comforting truth.
"O Love that will not let me go"

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry if I have not been responding much. My life has been real busy that past 2 months and I have not had much time on for the computer. I appreciate all of what you have to say.

Cristina

Sis. Julie said...

I don't believe I've ever heard that song before. The words are wonderful!