Sunday, May 21, 2006

THANK YOU LORD FOR GODLY MEN


It's Sunday Morning and it's another day with the Lord. I was reading Steve Camps Blog "Audience One" and thinking how the Lord has given us such wise men to learn from. I also enjoy what John Macarthur, Al Mohler have to say. I have heard a lot about John White but I have not really read a lot if him and I do plan to. I love to read a lot of what the old time Warriors have to say. A lot are called Puritans but I like the word "Warrior" because they fought the good fight way back when, defending the word and they were such true Warriors. There was Spurgeon. What a man of God. This man did not pull any punches, he said it as it was, no matter how offended someone got. One of his quotes I love is

"As sure as God puts His children in the furnace he will be in the furnace with them”

Isn't that so true, He will never forsake us, even when we are in trouble He is there, when we are ill, He is there when we are sinning...He is there.

He watches over us and is there when we walk with Him and when we are out of fellowship with him, through sin. He is there. I think sometimes we forget He is there and sees all we do. When you really think back at those times when we were sinning and really think on the fact He seen what we did, it humbles you.

John 10:27-28 27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. And....one of my favorite verses...

Romans 8:38-39 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There is NOTHING, NOTHING that will separate us from the Lord. What comfort that is, but that does not give us the right to continually sin as some think. It just showed His love to be eternal ....for ever and ever. Other great men of God from the past are Arthur Pink, Thomas Watson, Jonathon Edwards, Andrew Murray and so many more. We should thank the Lord for men and women past and present that have helped us, taught us and guided us throughout our walk. We should thank our pastors and fellow believers for what they have done in our lives. I have met a few Pastors online that I really enjoy fellowship with. I have the opportunity to hear them preach and there words have blessed me.
Throughout the world our brothers and sisters are reaching out to the lost.The world needs to see the love we have for one another. We are to esteem one another, even in good times and bad. Thank you Lord for all the people you have brought into my life, past and present and future, but most of all I am truly blessed by YOU into my life. Thank you for choosing me as one of the flock. Thank you for forgiving me of my sins and dying on the cross and bearing each and every one of them. I pray I can walk in your foot steps each day. I love you Lord.

No comments: