Saturday, July 25, 2009

CHRIST'S LORDSHIP

Ephesians 2:8–9 (NIV)
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

James 2:17–18 (NIV)
17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.


Salvation is all of grace, nothing we can do will merit it,But if Jesus is your Lord then you will be obedient. Faith without some signs of obedient is dead.He reigns in Heaven and He also should reign in our hearts. He loves us so much He died for our sake, the least we can do is obey His word. I have not been as faithful as I should be in reading my bible. I am finally doing it daily and I must say it feels so good. I started at John and I am now reading Romans and then I will read the rest of the Epistle's. And I will then go on to what the Lord wants me to read. There are so many good books to read out there but I think we should focus more on the word of God, it has so much to say and as we continue to read it we see new things that we may not have understood and now are inlightened. God is so good as His word is also.

Once we truly grasp the message of the New Testament, it is impossible to read the Old Testament again without seeing Christ on every page, in every story, foreshadowed or anticipated in every event and narrative. The Bible must be read as a whole, beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation, letting promise and fulfillment guide our expectations for what we will find there. MICHAEL HORTON

Consider some of the serious implications of Jesus' lordship:
1. Lordship implies our entire submission from the outset. It is a strange salvation that knows nothing about daily submission to Christ the Lord.
2. Lordship implies our willing service.

The most outstanding conversion in the history of the church was that of the apostle Paul, recorded in Acts 9. It is interesting to note two questions Paul asked in verses 5 and 6: "Who are you, Lord?" and "What do you want me to do?" These are questions of a willing servant.

3. Lordship implies obedience. Jesus Said in Luke 6:46, "Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?"
4. Lordship implies ownership. If Jesus is my Lord, He owns me lock, stock, and barrel.
Ernest C. Reisinger

2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness


The Bible is literally "God-breathed", that alone should entice us to read it.It is our instruction book for our life, it is God speaking to His children. Lord please help me continue to absorb your word and may I continually apply it to my life by being obedient to you.

Lord what would you want me to do today?

No comments: