Tuesday, December 30, 2008

HOPE ONLY FOUND IN YOU

As I look back and remember 2008, I remember a lot of good times,I remember a lot of struggles and I feel a lot of growth in my life. It has been a tough year for many folks with the way the Economy has been. There has been many job losses, folks loosing their homes, some not knowing how they are going to pay their bills or even put food on the table for their families. It has been a year where many have been to afraid of spending their hard earned money in fear of what tomorrow will bring. When you look around the world and all that is happening, you question how close the Lord's return is, it is exciting for the christian because we long to be with our Lord and Savior but for the lost, they do not have that hope. It tears at the heart of a christian because they have families and friends that fear what tomorrow will bring and are the wrong path.

As a christian we still worry, but not as much because Jesus tells us not to worry.
John 14:1-3
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Psalm 46
"God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging."


Psalm 32:8-10
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you."



Lord I Pray for those around us that do not know you as their Savior, that you open their hearts to truth so that they can enjoy the fellowship and love found only in you. Where they can find comfort in times of trouble and where they can find the forgiveness of their past transgressions because of what of the blood you shed on the cross.

"We should ask God - - to increase our hope when it is small, awaken it when it is dormant, confirm it when it is wavering, strengthen it when it is weak and raise it up when it is overthrown. " John Calvin

And Finally..............

Philippians 4:4-7
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have had a very hard year, my dear sister! I know you've grown in God you're prepared...I can tell! The verses you gave were ones which admonished us to look toward Him no matter what our circumstance! I think you know this better than I!..."sometimes He calms the storms but other times He just calms His child" He doesn't promise a rose garden but He promises to give us peace and assurance and strength in Him. All to His glory. Bless you and I'll try to stop by more often than I have been! I miss talking with you!

Baptist Girl said...

Hello my dear Sister Sarah,

Thank you for your kind words, as I checked my email and found your comment I also read from a sister that Jim knows and she sent this to him.


It's In The Valley I Grow

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe
It's then I have to remember,
That it's in the valley I grow,

If I always stayed on the mountain top,
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love,
And would be living in vain.
I have so much to learn,
And my growth is very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valley I grow.

I do not always understand,
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing.
My Lord will see me through.
My little valleys are nothing,
When I picture Christ on the cross
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was Satan's loss.
Forgive me Lord, for complaining,
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder,
This it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me,
Lord, And use my life each day
To share your love with others,
And help them find their way.
Thank you for valleys, Lord,
For this one thing I know
The mountain tops are glorious,
But it's in the valleys I grow.

God has a lot to teach us dear Sarah, we have a lot of valleys to conquer and knowing that the Lord is with us always, gives us comfort and strngth. I pray you have a wonderful New Year and that the Lord blesses you muchly.

Love Cristina

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!