Sunday, March 09, 2008

BE STILL MY SOUL



Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I [am] God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

If God be our God, He will give us peace in trouble. When there is a storm without, He will make peace within. The world can create trouble in peace, but God can create peace in trouble -- THOMAS WATSON

I remember a friend sharing with my husband and I about a Chinese missionary that was in prision for sharing the word of God. He was put to work in the area of the prison where the waste was deposited and all day long he would sing hymns and this was one of the hymns he loved the most. He found peace in this horrid situation. His soul was at ease because he was thanking the Lord even then.

Instead of complaining at his lot, a contented man is thankful that his condition and circumstances are no worse than they are. Instead of greedily desiring something more than the supply of his present need, he rejoices that God still cares for him. Such an one is "content" with such as he has (Heb. 13:5).

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him. --JOHN PIPER

If I am a son of God, nothing but God will satisfy my soul; no amount of comfort, no amount of ease, no amount of pleasure,will give me peace or rest. If I had the full cup of all the world's joys held up to me, and could drain it to the dregs, I should still remain thirsty if I had not God....

We are so blessed, to be a child of Gods.

Cristina

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite posts of yours. This is such comforting truth! Thank you, Cristina!

Baptist Girl said...

Thank you Sarah, I too love this hymn very much.

Cristina

Cathy said...

I love Selah and enjoyed the video and post.

Baptist Girl said...

Hi Cathy,
Welcome, and Im' glad you enjoyed it.

Cristina

Maxine said...

Christina,
Thank you for blessing me this morning! It's seldom that I can listen to that hymn without tears! Thank you for this post. Words we all need to reflect on! I particularly liked the Piper quote.

Thanks for sharing at my little caption activity. We picked yours.:)

Baptist Girl said...

Hi Maxine,
Your Welcome! It is such a beautiful Hymn, the words should touch a child of God. and Your welcome for the caption. *S*

Cristina