Saturday, December 22, 2007

THANKFULNESS

The other day my youngest daughter called me at 11:30 at night because she was upset that she thought she lost her new winter coat. She had paid quite a bit of money for it because she wanted one that would last a few year. I said to her, "Dani-girl lets you and I pray about it tonight and ask the Lord to find it for you and call me in the morning and we will see what happens. We both know that God is able to find it for you." She said "okay mom", and we said our goodbyes. The next morning Dani called me, and the first thing I noticed was the cheerfulness of her voice, she then proceeded to tell me that she found her coat. Her boyfriend was doing a Plumbing job and she was with him and left it there. The man called that morning to let her know. I said,"Now Dani, who do we have to thank for this and she said joyously, The Lord!".

For the past few years my father has had heart problems and every heart attack he has had, I have asked the Lord to spare him and give him a few more months. The Lord has been so gracious by giving us more time with my dear dad. My dad has had at least 8 hear attacks and is still with us. Who do we have to thank, The Lord!

My husband has diabetes and has struggled throughout the years with keeping to his diet and keeping up on his meds and it has been worrisome for me. Sometimes the Lord gives us a wake up call to make us realize how important it is to take care of ourselves. This past week my husband lost a toe because of it and could have lost more. He now is taking better care of himself and starting to heal. Who do we thank for this, The Lord!

The reason I am sharing this is because I want to get across how we need to thank the Lord for the little things and the big things . When my daughter found her coat, it was exciting me to see the Lord's work, and for her to see it. When my dad was spared each time, it brought me to tears each time because I seen the work of the Lord in all this, He hears my pain and He answers my prayer. I know some day my dad will die but as I said the Lord is so gracious. When I look at what the Lord did to show Jim how serious it is not taking care of himself, I look up and praise him because we both know it could have been worse for Jim.

We have so much to be thankful for and sometimes I don't appreciate the Lord enough. He has been so good to me and my family. When I think of this season and what it represents I am so thankful that God took a simple woman to conceive and bear a son. A son that would grow up to bear the sins of His children on the cross. A son that did not deserve what He suffered, but went willing to the cross because He loved us that much. And even now the love and grace He shows is shown moment by moment as we struggle living in the foreign land. We all look ahead and think of that day we will enter eternity and will be sitting at the feet of our dear Lord, praising Him for eternity.

Thankfulness, yes we have so much to be thankful for. I am most thankful for the Christ-child, praise His Holy name! May all that know Him as their Lord, take this time to reach out to those around you that do not know Him and share the greatest story ever told!

God Bless and a very Merry Christmas to you all.

Love Cristina

8 comments:

mark pierson said...

Cristina, you are a blessing! Posts like this one make me so very glad that you are a contributor at BC blog...

Baptist Girl said...

Mark, thankyou for your kind words. I am thankful for you all and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Cristina

mark pierson said...

Merry Christmas Cristina and family!!!

Rita Loca said...

Merry Christmas! a great post, thanks for sharing.

Sis. Julie said...

Amen!! What a great post!! Its always encouraging to read testimonies of answered prayer and blessings that God gives His children.

I pray your Christmas is a special one!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Jim Benkert said...

Cris.Merry Christmas to You and Your family. I was just on Jim's blog and told him what a blessing he is to me. Ditto to you. May God continue to bless you both.

By His Grace,
Jim

Anonymous said...

You left me in tears! May God bless you and your family!

Anonymous said...

You are a dear sister to me too! I pray that you have a wonderful day with your family and God!