Sunday, August 26, 2007

IS IT ALL ABOUT HIM?



"Grieve Not the Holy Spirit" Eph. 4:30.

Some Christians live and act and talk as if there were no judgment to come; toiling for wealth as if this world were all. They are as careless of souls, as though hell were a dream.Unmoved by eternal realities, unstirred by the terrors of the Lord, indifferent to the ruin of mankind, many professors live like worldlings, and are as unchristian as infidels. This is an indisputable fact, but one to be lamented with tears of blood.We are the purchase of Jesus' death upon the tree- he has bought us dearly, and he should have us altogether for himself.It should be the one end and object of our desire, to crown that head with gems, which once was crowned with thorns.~Spurgeon, "Grieve Not the Holy Spirit"~
Jesus deserves our best!
Every wound of his claims us, and every pain he bore,and every groan that escaped his lips, is a fresh reason for our holiness and complete devotion to his cause.
How must he grieve over us because we have not that tenderness of heart,that melting of love, that vehemence of zeal, that earnestness of soul which we ought to exhibit!

Set your affections on things above,
not on things on the earth." Col. 3:2


It's all about HIM! IS it?....Do we give Him the adoration He truly deserves. Do we share the love to others that He has shares with us. Do others see a difference in us, do they see the stillness in us, only found in HIm. Do they see our faith that whatever happens we have a calmness that we have draw from Christ. As we go out into the world do we let others know about the saving grace found in Christ? Do we take every opportunity to share the saving grace of God to those around us? Do we draw strength from Him when we are down in the valley? Do we pray enough? I have been asking myself these questions more and amore and I finding myself more ashamed of my walk. I need to make it more about Him then about me. Is it for His glory..or for mine?

The love of Jesus has a gracious influence on the life,conduct, and conversation of a true believer. The tree is known by its fruit; and those branches alone which bring forth fruit unto God, are in manifest union with the only true Vine.

Love to Jesus is the constraining principle of all holy obedience."If you love Me,keep my commandments,"was His dying injunction to His disciples. As,then,
His bleeding love is experimentally known, there will be . . .
a conformity to His image,
an obedience to His will,
a walking in His footsteps
.


Cristina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't at all measure up to this call upon us! I pray that you will pray for me. Only Christ can work this in my life for His glory! Thank you for sharing and I'm so glad you are back.

Baptist Girl said...

Hi Sarah,
Me too, please pray for me also.

Cristina

mark pierson said...

Cristina, please repost this at BC blog at your earliest convenience.

Marcian said...

This WAS fantastic. A theme I'm currently mulling, drawing me toward repentance, and saddened at my own miserable state. Only when we consider His greatness, His mercy, His holiness, can we truly see ourselves as we are. My pride is the worst part about me...