Wednesday, June 20, 2007

THERE IS NOTHING......

"There is nothing -- No circumstance, No trouble, No testing that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ. Right through to me if it has come that far. It has come with great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment - but as I refuse to panic, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as come from His throne for some great blessing of purpose of blessing to my heart. No sorrow will disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the Joy of what my Lord is - that is the rest of Victory." Unknown - on I Cor 15:57

12 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Perfect timing for me to read this!!

TO BECOME said...

Great Post, I loved it. connie from Texas

Lyndy said...

First time visitor. Great post and just what I needed today.

Lyndy in GA

Rick Frueh said...

To say that God is in control is stating the obvious but affirming His sovereignty, both personal and august.

Anonymous said...

So true Cristina! We can rest in Him knowing that whatever happens to us is for our own good and his glory! May He give us the grace to accept those things and endure with joy and thanksgiving!

Angela said...

What a comfort to know that God holds us in his MIGHTY hand! He truly wants the best for us, and filters everything thru himself! Amen!!! In Christ, Angela

Maxine said...

How true, how true, thanks be to the Lord. I like this post and I just read the one called " Does the world hate you?" I admire your courage and the Biblical way that you handled it. Bravo!
May it be used of the Lord.

Sis. Julie said...

Amen!! Thank God all we go through is Father-filtered!! Because of that we can be assured that it is only for our good and His glory that anything comes our way.

Sis. Julie

mark pierson said...

Challenging. Thanks, Critina

Anonymous said...

First I have to find my blogger name, signing in as anonymous when I'm the best man in her life is terrible.

Great post honey, I like to look at it this way, God is the Great Sentinel whose hand is upon the gate of my life. Nothing enters in unless He releases the latch.

Jim aka Baptist Boy

jazzycat said...

Cristina,
Good point. We should be happy in God's providence no matter what....

Baptist Girl said...

Thank you for all your thoughts.

Cristina