Saturday, June 30, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA


Many Canadians do not know the whole song
of "O Canada"

It is so beautiful!

O Canada! Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North, strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.


O Canada, glorious and free!
We stand on guard, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee!
O Canada! Where pines and maples grow.
Great prairies spread and lordly rivers flow.
How dear to us thy broad domain,
From East to Western Sea,
Thou land of hope for all who toil!
Thou True North, strong and free!


O Canada, glorious and free!
We stand on guard, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee!
O Canada! Beneath thy shining skies
May stalwart sons and gentle maidens rise,
To keep thee steadfast through the years
From East to Western Sea,
Our own beloved native land!
Our True North, strong and free!


O Canada, glorious and free!
We stand on guard, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee!
Ruler supreme, who hearest humble prayer,
Hold our dominion within thy loving care;
Help us to find, O God, in thee
A lasting, rich reward,
As waiting for the Better Day,
We ever stand on guard.


O Canada, glorious and free!
We stand on guard, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee!
Cristina

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! It sounds a lot like some of our national songs. My sister lives in Calgary, Alberta! I lived in B.C. for 6years.

mark pierson said...

You have a beautiful country having been there many a time for fishing. I used to go to 14 Isle Lake, twenty miles north of Kingston, Ontario on Highway 38. The nearest town is Verona, Ontario where you turn off HWY 38 onto Desert Lake Road. Now that my dad won't be here much longer I doubt I'll make it there again. I miss that place much. Beautiful place, it was.

There is that Peace Bridge over the Niagara, errected in 1912, celebrating 100 years of peace between both of our beautiful countries. May there always be peace between us, my Canadian friends!

Baptist Girl said...

Hi Sarah,
Yes it does sound like some of your national songs. The sorry thing is that I do not know of anymore national songs that Canada has. It is not as patriotic as USA is. That is one of things I admire most about USA is the patriotism.

Your sister lives in Calgary, I hear that city is just BOOMING!
Also it is very costly out there now too. When Jim and I retire we are planning to travel through Canada, God willing.

Cristina

Hey Mark,
Your dad has been in mthoughts and prayers. I use to live near Kingston when I was a teenager. We lived in Trenton, great fishing there too. I use to have a bamboo stick I use to fish with, had some great times and great fishing with it.

I do agree with you I hope we as two nations stay friends. I love USA and the dear friends I have come to know!

Cristina

Anonymous said...

Cristina,
My sisters family lived there before the big boom and bought a house before they became expensive then began building a new house before the houses went sky high in price while still owning their old house. While their new house was being built all of the sudden housing went up crazy in prices. They were then able to make 100,000 profit on their old house plus saved about that much on their new house since they got it before the big boom! God was certainly in all of that!

Baptist Girl said...

Hey Sarah,
That's great! I am just amazed at the price of a home there now, even here in Ontario house prices are soaring. Everywhere you look there are new houses being built and I ask myself, where are the people coming from to buy thses homes......And they a really getting bigger and bigger in size.

I look forward to retiring and getting an apartment, a house now a days is so hard to keep up and the three floors are getting harder and harder to go up and down each day lol.

Cristina

Anonymous said...

LOL! I feel the same way...give me a senior citizen apt anyday and I only have basement stairs!