Monday, July 31, 2006

PATIENCE



PATIENCE

Do you ever think how much time folks spend on "Waiting"? We wait for supper, we wait for Christmas to come, we wait for birthdays to come. We wait on the New Year to arrive or a baby to be born or for a loved one that are ill to die. While we wait, we either wait patiently or inpatiently. I guess we somtime think the time we have to wait to be a waste of time, when in actuality it could be used in such a prosperous time spent in prayer. God wants us to be patient and wait on Him and so if we are waiting on Him how can it be a waste? A good example I have read in the bible about waiting is in Romans.

Romans5 5:3 We also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

When I think how patient God is with me, it humbles me. I think even in my walk with Christ, how I have failed him either through sin or not being the example He is to me. How patient and forgiving He is at those times should give me more reason the be patient with others.

2 Peter 3:9.The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance

Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus

I have to admit Sometimes I find it hard to be patient with others, mostly when they hurt me, but to see how Jesus suffered just so that I can go to the cross and be forgiven myself, tells me I need to be more patient. Patience takes a lot of prayer and let's admit sometimes we just don't take time enough to pray. Unless we are in dier straights and then we seem to have all the time to pray.

When you think about it when you look at a person that is being patient and how calm they are and then look at a person that is impatient and how they appear, what a difference. I think to myself, do I actually look that way when I worry or are being impatient. I have to remember that and ask the Lord for patience at those moments.

"The times we find ourselves having to wait on others may be the perfect opportunities to train ourselves to wait on the Lord." Joni Eareckson Tada

The New Testament says , the apostle Paul taught the Ephesian Christians to “walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” (Eph.4:1-3)

The strongest of all warriors are these two -- Time and Patience.

We as christians need to remember that time is precious and it should be always used to bring Glory to our Lord Jesus Christ. when impatince is used, it is such a waste of time away from God.

Cristina

No comments: