Saturday, July 01, 2006

MY MATT

TODAY IS CANADA'S BIRTHDAY
Today is also the day my only son moved out with some buddies. I am so happy for him, he is 21 and wants to experience independence, but at the same time it is a sad time for Jim and I because our dear son is not going to be here every morning when we wake up or when we go to bed I will not hear every night "Good Night, Mom I Love You."

Let me tell you as I cry here, how wonderful of a son I have. He is a young man any one can be proud of. When ever someone speaks about "My Matt" it is with high regards. Folks have said I have never met such a nice boy or what a well mannered boy you have. Some Parents and Grandparents have said how they would like to introduce their daughters and granddaughters to Matt. The place he works at or has worked before at always comment on well he is liked. When I hear this it just makes me so proud of "My Matt".

I was talking to my mom this morning and she was telling me how she was downtown in the same building Matt works and I guess he has noticed her while he was sitting down eating his lunch. Mom said "He got right up and rushed over to her before she left and gave her a big hug and asked her to sit with him while he had lunch." She was so happy he did that, it lifted her spirits up so much. She said, "You know cris, he had no problem saying when she left, "I love you" in front of his friends," she said that meant so much to her.

You may have noticed I refer Matt as "My Matt", that is because I have called him that since he a little fellow and will continue calling him "My Matt". My son I am so proud to call you "My Son", there is no mom prouder then I am of you.

Through the years you have made me laugh. My son and I use to watch Mr. Bean. There is one time Mr. Bean was singing a hymn that had "Helaluya, Helaluya, Helaluya" sung in it and it made us laugh so much the way he did it, that every time we are in church and hear this sung, we can not look at each other with out laughing. I can feel Matt looking at me every time it is sung and I will do my best not to look his way or if he was beside me I can hear him sing it in a baratone voice and a straight face as Mr. Bean did and I had such a hard time not laughing out loud . I know God has a sense of humor and knows we do not do this out of disrespect. It's good to be able to laugh with your children, it's good to be able to see them off into the world and feel you have done the best you can and know they know that you love them. It's good to know that they love you back just as much.

My son gave me a big hug as he was leaving and I have to tell you it was hard to let go, it is hard to let go...I now am turning My Matt over to the Lord to watch over when we are not there and praying that he will walk strongly with Jesus Christ, that he will not let the world get a hold of him. and that he will stop in when he can and that he will ALWAYS remember His mom loves him dearly and SO, SO proud of him.

Love Mom

5 comments:

lovinjesus said...

Hi Cris:
How wonderful to raise children who love the Lord. I can identify with how hard it is to let them go. I still miss my kids greatly. But I am glad when they call that they say : I love you, Mom. It's music to every mother's ear.
Please pray for My children to return to their walk with the Lord and make it a deep, alive one.
Love, Deborah

Baptist Girl said...

Dear Deborah,
It sure is music to our ears to hear "I love you" and I will surely pray for your children to return to their walk with the Lord. It sure is hard for children today. There are so many temptations out there and so much peer pressure, but God is able to get them back on track...prayers are a powerful tool !!
God Bless
Cristina

peace said...

Thank you for your writings and thoughts. Nice blog.

peace

Baptist Girl said...

Peace, thankyou.

Cristina

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.